Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training
This comprehensive, advanced yoga teacher training will support you on a personal level to live with more self-mastery, and on a professional level to discover and refine your unique gift as a yoga teacher.
Even the highest quality 200-hour yoga teacher training programs are limited in their scope and only scratch the surface of what there is to know. The demand for expertise and skills in the modern marketplace of yoga is growing. More experience, knowledge, and training will enable you to teach in a variety of venues and address a multitude of student levels and needs.
Earning the advanced 300-hour level certificate demonstrates that you have taken the time and effort to study and dive more deeply into the art and science of teaching yoga. It confirms that you have what it takes to guide students safely in yoga. It represents a deeper commitment, deeper dedication, and a mastery of yoga recognized in today’s world, which will give you the competitive edge to stand out as a leader in the field of yoga.
The underlying purpose of the Ashaya Yoga™ Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training Program is to give you the skills you need to awaken your own innate creativity so you can serve your students in a transformational way that supports a shift in awakening on the planet.
Course Overview: 10 Module Outline
- Healing Power of Yoga, Level 1: Ashaya Yoga Basic Therapy Training Intensive, with Todd Norian
- Healing Power of Yoga, Level 2: Ashaya Yoga Advanced Therapy Training Intensive, with Todd Norian
- Teacher Renewal and Radiance Retreat, with Todd Norian
- The Art of Teaching Yoga With a Theme: Speaking to the Heart of Your Students, with Todd Norian
- Vinyasa Yoga with Alignment and Heart Teacher Training Intensive, with Rolf Gates and Todd Norian
- Touch of Grace: Mastering Hands-On Adjustments, with Todd Norian
- Refining Your Yoga Anatomy, with Ellen Saltonstall and Todd Norian
- Chakra Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Intensive, with Anodea Judith and Todd Norian
- Awaken Your Heart: Devotion In Motion, Exploring the Bhakti Sutra with Professor Bill Mahony and Todd Norian
- Art of Teaching a Transformational Yoga Workshop, with Todd Norian
What You Will Gain
The 300-hour teacher training catapults you into your empowered self where you bring forth your authentic voice and contribute your unique gifts in service of others. During this course, you receive the highest quality technical teaching skills while also deepening your personal growth and self-transformation. In addition, you:
- Receive guidance and support to discover your true voice and gift as a teacher.
- Gain more confidence and expertise that comes from a deep inner knowing that is undeniable.
- Maximize your ability to teach with precise, clear, and effective alignment instructions.
- Find more ease in teaching with meaningful, heart-centered themes.
- Develop the skills to teach a vinyasa yoga class with alignment and heart.
- Advance your skills in creative and intelligent sequencing.
- Refine your knowledge of yoga anatomy and kinesiology.
- Master the art of healing chronic aches and pains in the body through private and group therapeutic yoga classes.
- Sharpen your observation skills and enrich your capacity to give unforgettable physical adjustments.
- Dive deeper into yoga and Tantric philosophy with world-renowned tantric scholars.
- Learn how to create sacred space and facilitate the awakening of the hearts of your students within a class and extended workshop format.
- Gain the skills needed to teach an excellent heart-opening workshop.
- Transform self-limiting samskaras (patterns) through the matrix of the chakras.
- Deepen your asana, pranayama, and meditation practice and create a consistent at-home daily practice.
- Join a vibrant and supportive community of yogis focused on bringing more light, joy, and freedom into the world.
The program consists of 10 “live” modules and 25 hours of at-home study for a total of 300 hours. Most modules are offered in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, while some modules are offered in other regions.
The 10 modules can be taken in any order (except for The Healing Power of Yoga Level 1 and Level 2, which must be taken in order). Most students will complete the course in one to three years. You’ll have up to five years to fulfill the requirements for certification. See Todd’s schedule.
Todd Norian, founder of Ashaya Yoga™, is the principle teacher for the 300-hour program. During some of the modules he is joined by renowned and respected leaders in the field of yoga who bring their diverse expertise to ensure a broad and in-depth curriculum. Our faculty includes: Anodea Judith, Ellen Saltonstall, Rolf Gates, and Professor Bill Mahony. Faculty will change periodically to allow for the evolution of the program. Faculty bios are provided along with module information, dates, and fees for all modules.
All applicants need to have a 200-hour yoga teacher certificate from a Yoga Alliance accredited school (either In-Depth Study/200-Hour Teacher Training Program, previously Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Todd Norian and Ann Greene, or other 200-Hour alignment-based training).
Students who took their 200-hour teacher training through another school who wish to register for the Ashaya Yoga™ 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program will be required to take the prerequisite, The Ashaya Yoga™ In-Depth Study Retreat, before your application will be accepted. This is a five-day intensive training in the Ashaya Yoga™ Method of alignment techniques, philosophy, and practices. (All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis taking into account all past trainings and experience.)
- Complete a 200-hour yoga teacher training accredited by the Yoga Alliance.
- Take The Ashaya Yoga In-Depth Study Retreat if your 200-hour teacher training does not meet the standards of Ashaya Yoga.
- Fill out the application and pay a $550 non-transferable deposit. At the completion of your training, your deposit will be returned, less a $150 administrative fee. (Deposit will be voided or refunded if applicant is not accepted).
- Have an established daily personal practice of 4 days per week (minimum of 60-80 minutes per session consisting of asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation) or create your own schedule that weaves well with your lifestyle. If you don’t already have a regular daily practice, you can begin now and still apply. An established personal practice is defined as doing yoga at home by yourself. Public or online classes are encouraged but do not count as personal practice.
- Be coachable and have a sincere desire to learn, study, grow, and be supportive of others.
- Be prepared in mind, heart, and body to participate fully in the 300-hour curriculum.
Students who wish to take individual modules without registering for the full 300-hour program do not need to fill out an application. Prerequisites for individual modules are listed on the module pages. To register for an individual module, please follow the directions on the module information page.
There is a non-transferable deposit of $550 due with the application, which will be returned in full if you’re not accepted into the program. Upon completion of the course, your deposit of $550 will be returned, less a $150 administrative fee. Each module will have its own tuition based on its length and unique characteristics. The tuition ranges from $200-$620 (3-6 days) per module. All participants in the 300-hour program will receive a $25 discount on the tuition of several of the modules. Additional expenses include travel, accommodations, required books, and manuals.
Requirements for Certification at the End of Your Training
- Full attendance at all 10 modules.
- Successful completion of all course work and at-home study within the 5-year time limit. The 5-year limit begins the day your application is accepted.
- Teach a minimum of 100 hours (documented) since your 200-hour training.
- Hold a current CPR certification. Certifications only last for two years.
- Maintain a good attitude and be open to feedback throughout the training period.
- Be in good standing in your yoga community and community at home.
- Sign the Ashaya Yoga Code of Ethics.
- Pay all outstanding balances.
Frequently Asked Questions
The application fee for the the Ashaya Yoga™ Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training is a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $550.
- Upon completion of the course, your deposit will be returned to you, minus a $150 administrative fee.
- Your deposit will also be returned to you, in full, if you are not accepted into the training.
- Your deposit will not be returned for any other reason (other than the 2 reasons listed above). Upon acceptance into the program, you will have up to 5 years to complete the training.
Refund policy for modules
- Cancellations Before a Module or Workshop Begins:
- If you cancel 8 days or more before Day 1 of a module or workshop, you will be refunded the full amount minus a 10% administrative fee.
- If you cancel within 7 days of Day 1 of the course, you will be refunded the full amount minus a 20% administrative fee.
- Full Refund Before the Module or Workshop Begins:
In the event of a serious illness, a death in your immediate family, or inclement weather before the module or workshop begins, you will be refunded for the amount you paid. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation on our end, you will also be granted a full refund.
No refunds will be given for any reason (other than the 3 reasons above) once the course begins.
- Cancellations After a Module or Workshop Begins:
- In the event of a serious illness, death in your immediate family, or inclement weather after the module or workshop begins, and you need to drop out of the training, you will be refunded a prorated amount based on the number of days you were in attendance.
- If you drop out of the course for any of the 3 reasons above, you will have the option to transfer your remaining balance, free of charge, to another module or workshop exclusively hosted by Ashaya Yoga for up to 2 years from the start date of the course.
- If you need to transfer due to a serious illness, a death in your immediate family, or inclement weather, we will transfer your registration to another module or workshop exclusively hosted by Ashaya Yoga™ for up to 2 years from date of the module free of charge.
- If you decide to transfer for any reason other than the three listed above, you will be charged a transfer fee of $50.