Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training
This comprehensive, advanced yoga teacher training will support you on a personal level to live with more self-mastery, and on a professional level to discover and refine your unique gift as a yoga teacher.
Even the highest quality 200-hour yoga teacher training programs are limited in their scope and only scratch the surface of what there is to know. The demand for expertise and skills in the modern marketplace of yoga is growing. More experience, knowledge, and training will enable you to teach in a variety of venues and address a multitude of student levels and needs.
Earning the advanced 300-hour level certificate demonstrates that you have taken the time and effort to study and dive more deeply into the art and science of teaching yoga. It confirms that you have what it takes to guide students safely in yoga. It represents a deeper commitment, deeper dedication, and a mastery of yoga recognized in today’s world, which will give you the competitive edge to stand out as a leader in the field of yoga.
The underlying purpose of the Ashaya Yoga™ Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training Program is to give you the skills you need to awaken your own innate creativity so you can serve your students in a transformational way that supports a shift in awakening on the planet.
Course Overview: Ten Module Outline
- Healing Power of Yoga, Level 1: Ashaya Yoga Basic Therapy Training Intensive with Todd Norian
- Touch of Grace: Mastering Hands-On Adjustments with Todd Norian
- Speak to the Heart: Teaching Yoga with Themes with Todd Norian
- Refining Your Yoga Anatomy, with Ellen Saltonstall & Todd Norian
- Mentoring For Mastery: Cultivate Your Unique Gift As a Yoga Teacher
- Philosophy: Embodying the Great Light Of Consciousness: The Theory and Practice of Tantra Yoga in the Kashmir Shaiva Tradition with Paul Muller-Ortega & Todd Norian
- Teacher Renewal and Radiance Retreat with Todd Norian
- Chakra Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Intensive with Anodea Judith & Todd Norian
- Art of Teaching a Transformational Yoga Workshops with Todd Norian
- Healing Power of Yoga, Level 2: Ashaya Yoga Advanced Therapy Training Intensive with Todd Norian
What You Will Gain
The 300-hour teacher training catapults you into your empowered self where you bring forth your authentic voice and contribute your unique gifts in service of others. During this course, you receive the highest quality technical teaching skills while also deepening your personal growth and self-transformation. In addition, you:
- Receive guidance and support to discover your true voice and gift as a teacher.
- Gain more confidence and expertise that comes from a deep inner knowing that is undeniable.
- Maximize your ability to teach with precise, clear, and effective alignment instructions.
- Find more ease in teaching with meaningful, heart-centered themes.
- Advance your skills in creative and intelligent sequencing.
- Refine your knowledge of yoga anatomy and kinesiology.
- Master the art of healing chronic aches and pains in the body through private and group therapeutic yoga classes.
- Sharpen your observation skills and enrich your capacity to give unforgettable physical adjustments.
- Dive deeper into yoga and Tantric philosophy with world-renowned tantric scholars.
- Learn how to create sacred space and facilitate the awakening of the hearts of your students within a class and extended workshop format.
- Transform self-limiting samskaras (patterns) through the matrix of the chakras.
- Deepen your asana, pranayama, and meditation practice and create a consistent at-home daily practice.
- Join a vibrant and supportive community of yogis focused on bringing more light, joy, and freedom into the world.
The program consists of ten “live” modules which total 270 hours and 30 hours of at-home study for a total of 300 hours. Most modules are offered in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, while some modules are offered in other regions.
The ten modules can be taken in any order (except for The Healing Power of Yoga Level 1 and Level 2, which must be taken in order). The 10 modules are listed above in the recommended order. But due to scheduling complexities, it may not be possible take all 10 in the suggested order. The 10 modules will cycle through completely within 2 years. Most students will complete the course within one cycle or 2 years. You’ll have up to 2 cycles or four years to fulfill the requirements for certification. A couple of modules may repeat annually. If you need to miss a module, you will have to wait until that module comes around again in the cycle which may be 2 years. If you are on a tight timeline to complete the course, you may request a special consideration. All special requests will be handled on a case by case basis.
Todd Norian, founder of Ashaya Yoga™, is the principle teacher for the 300-hour program. During some of the modules he is joined by renowned and respected leaders in the field of yoga who bring their diverse expertise to ensure a broad and in-depth curriculum. Our faculty includes: Anodea Judith, Ellen Saltonstall, Rolf Gates, and Professor Bill Mahony. Faculty will change periodically to allow for the evolution of the program. Faculty bios are provided along with module information, dates, and fees for all modules.
Completion of an Ashaya Yoga™ In-Depth Study/200-Hour Teacher Training taught by Todd or his approved Trainers, the equivalency, or by teacher’s permission. Equivalency trainings include similar alignment based methods, such as Anusara or Iyengar. All applicants will be reviewed fairly on a case by case basis.
- Complete an Ashaya Yoga™ In-Depth Study/200-Hour Teacher Training taught by Todd or his approved Trainers, the equivalency, or by teacher’s permission.
- Take The Ashaya Yoga In-Depth Study Retreat if your 200-hour teacher training does not meet the standards of Ashaya Yoga.
- Fill out the application and choose payment method.
- Have an established daily personal practice of 4 days per week (minimum of 60-80 minutes per session consisting of asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation) or create your own schedule that weaves well with your lifestyle. If you don’t already have a regular daily practice, you can begin now and still apply. An established personal practice is defined as doing yoga at home by yourself. Public or online classes are encouraged but do not count as personal practice.
- Be coachable and have a sincere desire to learn, study, grow, and be supportive of others.
- Be prepared in mind, heart, and body to participate fully in the 300-hour curriculum.
Todd Norian, founder of Ashaya Yoga™, is the principle teacher for the 300-hour program. During some of the modules he is joined by renowned and respected leaders in the field of yoga who bring their diverse expertise to ensure a broad and in-depth curriculum. Our faculty includes: Anodea Judith, Ellen Saltonstall and a host of renown tantric scholars, including Professor Bill Mahony, Paul Muller-Ortega, and Professor Douglas Brooks. Faculty will change periodically to allow for variety and the evolution of the program.
Some modules are open to all 200-Hour Teacher Graduates of any style of yoga, as well as, serious students and aspiring teachers. These modules include: Chakra Yoga Advanced Teacher Training, Refining Your Anatomy, and the Philosophy modules. To register for an individual module, please follow the directions on the module information page.
Tuition – New Tuition Payment Options announced Sept. 24
$3800 paid in full, 7 days before your first module. $500 deposit due with application. Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Repeater’s discount 50% off tuition.
Requirements for Certification at the End of Your Training
- Full attendance at all 10 modules.
- Successful completion of all course work and at-home study within the 4-year time limit.
- Hold a current CPR certification. Certifications need to be regularly updated, they are valid for two years.
- Maintain a good attitude and be open to feedback throughout the training period.
- Be in good standing in your yoga community and community at home.
- Sign the Ashaya Yoga Code of Ethics.
- Pay all outstanding balances.
(In order to obtain your 500 hour RYT through Yoga Alliance, you need to document 100 hours of teaching experience since the end of your 200-Hour TT.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Refund policy for application fee
The application fee of $500 for the the Ashaya Yoga™ Advanced 300-Hour Teacher Training is is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Refund policy for modules
Cancellations Before a Module or Workshop Begins:
For those who paid the full tuition in advance, there are no refunds given for any module. For those who registered using the a-la-carte option, if you cancel 8 days or more before Day 1 of a module or workshop, you will be refunded the full amount minus a 10% administrative fee. If you cancel within 7 days of Day 1 of the course, you will be refunded the full amount minus a 20% administrative fee.
Full Refund Before the Module or Workshop Begins:
For those who paid the full tuition in advance, there are no refunds given for any module. For those who registered using the a-la-carte option, in the event of a serious illness, a death in your immediate family, or inclement weather before the module or workshop begins, you will be refunded for the amount you paid. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation on our end, you will also be granted a full refund for that module.
No refunds will be given for any reason (other than the 3 reasons above) once the course begins.
Cancellations After a Module or Workshop Begins:
For those who paid the full tuition in advance, there are no refunds given for any module. For those who registered using the a-la-carte option, in the event of a serious illness, death in your immediate family, or inclement weather after the module or workshop begins, and you need to drop out of the training, you will be refunded a prorated amount based on the number of days you were in attendance. If you drop out of the course for any of the 3 reasons above, you will have the option to transfer your remaining balance, free of charge, to another module or workshop exclusively hosted by Ashaya Yoga™ for up to 2 years from the start date of the course.
For those who paid the full tuition in advance, there are no transfers given for any module. For those who registered using the a-la-carte option, if you need to transfer due to a serious illness, a death in your immediate family, or inclement weather, we will transfer your registration to another module or workshop exclusively hosted by Ashaya Yoga™ for up to 2 years from date of the module free of charge. If you decide to transfer for any reason other than the three listed above, you will be charged a transfer fee of $50.