The Art of Teaching Yoga With a Theme: Speaking to the Heart of Your Students with Todd Norian
Date: August 10-15, 2014
Location: Stockbridge, MA
Venue: Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, 800-741-7353, www.kripalu.org
Prerequisite: Minimum 50 hours of teacher training, any style or equivalency, or by teacher’s permission.
Investment: Kripalu tuition plus accommodations. Contact Kripalu online
Registration and Accommodations: contact Kripalu Center, 800-741-7353, or Register online.
The skillful use of a heart-oriented theme can transform a regular yoga class into an exquisite experience of awakening and inner transformation. In this training, you learn how to:
- Demystify themes and weave them into your classes
- Draw on themes from nature, yoga, relationships, yogic philosophy, yogic deities, holidays, and your own rich personal experience of life
- Introduce your theme in a powerful and captivating way
- Artistically interweave themes with alignment instructions
- Practice specific contemplation exercises that draw out your unique character and gifts
- Find your authentic voice and allow themes to flow naturally from within
Mornings include uplifting philosophical teachings and strong alignment practice with a heart theme, followed by discussion, instruction, and practicum. Afternoons include a learning laboratory and practice teaching in a safe and supportive community. Bring your teaching to a higher level of excellence, using themes to speak to the heart of your students.
Note Tuition includes the Art of Teaching Yoga With a Theme Manual.
CE Credits This program is eligible for:
- 29 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 29 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge